Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Colour My World!

I was inspired by Angela @ Cut to Pieces to make ......


this!

A friend's little girl is celebrating her first birthday soon and I thought this would make the cutest gift.

Firstly, this is what I made for Ava when she was born....


I loved scrambling through my stash looking for fabric......

(And my stash is SO big, I haven't made a dint in it with this little project) 




I also enjoyed fussy cutting some pieces for extra interest.......


"Sunshine yellow each day....."



"The green from the grass and blue from the sky up above...."

I found some great 'number' fabric in my stash too.



I certainly learnt a great deal during the construction process.

And it will be easy to throw in the wash when it gets dirty (chewed?)


And I couldn't resist colouring your day with Pet!


"....colour my world with happiness!"

SUZ


7 comments:

Janet said...

I love pinwheel baby quilt and what a fabulous ide to make colour book, it's great.

natalie.leppard said...

How cute! I'm sure that book will be well loved (chewed) by it's new owner :)

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Great post! I love the book and I love Petula Clark as well!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Yay that is fantastic - Angela will be thrilled - have you shown her yet?!

Mary said...

That is the sweetest idea!!! I love it!

Angela said...

So cute! I love your version of the color book! You fussy cut such sweet fabrics. I'm sure it's new owner will be very happy...and mom will be happy with a "quiet" toy! ;)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh My Golly, this is gorgeous!!!!!! What a clever, wonderful idea! I love the big number fabric, and the coloured pages look great. There's many hours of fun in this special gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...