Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mum would have been PROUD!

Well, I hope she would've!

I started making this quilt over five years ago.


I was making it for Mum for Mother's Day 2006 but she passed away



Mum and I celebrating her 88th Birthday!
before she saw it.



I'll be the first to admit the design and fabrics are 


a little old fashioned but it was 

what Mum liked...




I have spent the last few days machine quilting and finishing it.

I have this wonderful feature on my machine, which is a bit like cruise control in 


a car....

Press this little button and the machine sews itself.




I find this has helped me master my FMQ technique because I have one less   


action  to worry about.

Disengage the presser foot, set the speed, press the button and away we go!


I was having a great time until I saw this! LOL!




Yes, I'd doubled over the quilt onto the back and quilted though 6 layers!

 I must say I am happy with how the quilt has turned out...



It is not perfect but there is a lot of love in this quilt.




And that's certainly more important than perfection, don't you think!


I know Mum would agree!



Happy sewing!

SUZ

9 comments:

Mary said...

Suz, Such a lovely quilt and your mom would have been so tickled with this quilt. Even more because you made it for her. What a great finish too! I love your machine quilting....even when you double over the quilt...tee hee! I can't tell you how many times I have done that. And what a precious picture of you and your mom...so sweet :)

Melody said...

This is a very beautiful quilt and I'm sure your mum would have adored it.

Jan Maree said...

This is a gorgeous quilt and there is no doubt your Mum would have been delighted to have it and I bet she is delighted that you have finished it too. Love the quiting job - well done!

Deanna said...

Sweet and lovely and made with love. It doesn't get any better.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Suz, I think it's really pretty and so special because it was what your Mum wanted and it's such a beautiful keepsake for you. Really lovely post.

BubzRugz said...

It's a lovely quilt and such a lot of work is attached to all that love...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Lovely Post..Glad you got the quilt finished now you can admire it and remember you Mum...
cheers

Rachaeldaisy said...

A beautiful quilt and so special because it'll remind you of your mum whenever you use it.

Colette said...

you did a great job susan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...