Saturday, April 21, 2012

Charming!

I've had some charm squares, which I won, for a while now, 

waiting to be made into.....


A baby quilt for work friends!

This is a combination of Sophie by Chez Moi for Moda.....


And Farm Fresh by Riley Blake.

As we don't know whether the new arrival is a boy or girl,


I took out anything that was TOO pink!

And backed it in "Hedgehog Heaven" by Michael Miller.



And bound it with a pretty DS print!

I kept the quilting simple....

but I still may add some hand quilting?


It's great to have quilt #4 ticked off for 2012!

What to now???

The obligatory 'rolled up' shot!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

18 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love it, Suz. Those hedgehogs are adorable, too. So cute! xo

Fiona said...

Just lovely..... shows off the fabrics beautifully... and is perfect to wrap a little bundle in
Hugz

Kathy said...

Very, Very Sweet :) I love the way a simple quilt shows off the fbric.

Christine said...

Your quilt looks great. Love the 'rolled up' shot.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh very cute x

Karen said...

The fabrics work really well. It's a great quilt. Gorgeous gift.

Canadian Abroad said...

Very sweet. And a great quilt for girl or boy.

Larissa said...

Wow! This looks fabulous Suz!! What a lucky baby!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay!! What a great fiinsh! I love your combo of fabrics, so fresh and fun, perfect for a little boy or girl. The simple quilting is perfect, keeping it crisp and modern.

Isisjem said...

What a lovely quilt. I love the way it's not too gender specific and has lots of colour.

Deborah said...

I love your rolled up shot! I need to give that a try. It's especially nice with such a great binding. I am crazy about that hedgehog fabric. I've eyed it since it first came out!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Very sweet for a boy or girl. It's so refreshing when parents wait for the surprise!

Cherie said...

It gorgeous! Love the un-generic colours! The fabric combo works great together too =D

Deanna said...

Such a happy quilt! I really like the simple quilting you used, too.

Marg said...

That's really lovely Suz. Love the squares on point. A really nice combination of prints and colours.

doodlebugmom said...

scuh a cute quilt!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

LOVE! So cute and the backing fabric is an adorable choice :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Adorable. I'm sure it will be well loved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...