Saturday, December 3, 2016

The stars aligned...

for us to ride The Eagle!


A local radio station was giving away free rides on 

the new 'chairlift ride' at Arthur's Seat,

here on the Mornington Peninsula.



My sister Helen sent them these photos of us on the 

original chairlift when it 

first opened, in 1960!


And we got selected to be two of the thirty available!

 As I am on leave, and Helen had a three-hour 

window in her work schedule....


we went and rode The Eagle!


To give you a better idea of how its changed,

I found this video of it back in the 60's

A Cadbury Carmamello Advertisement!

The view however is still as beautiful as ever!


I might need to take a quilt up here to photograph!


I hope this becomes a popular tourist attraction for 

the Peninsula!


I know one family who will be getting tickets for 

Christmas!

Happy days!

SUZ


9 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like a fabulous trip and place to visit. So nice for you and your sister to revisit some happy memories.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Yay! It is finally rebuilt!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Whoa!! It looks pretty high. It's so cool that you and your sister rode it years ago and here you are again. It really does look spectacular.

Betty said...

What gorgeous views you've captured! And while I have a thing about heights, that the cars have bars might make it doable for me, should I ever make the trip (it remains on my bucket list)! What a wonderful experience for you and your sister to share, again.

OPQuilt said...

I think having a little diversion is a fabulous thing--especially a ride in a gondola in beautiful country. I love those early pictures--it's changed a lot!

Karen S said...

What a great opportunity! How lucky to win tickets. The view is stunning.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

What a wonderful treat for Helen and yourself! The view is spectacular, one would want to just enjoy the ride but also want to capture the scenery on camera. Gorgeous!

FlourishingPalms said...


What a neat opportunity for you and your sister! And for free! I'm sure that gondola ride is otherwise a pricey venture. The views are gorgeous! This very much reminds me of the Skyline gondola ride we enjoyed while in Queenstown, NZ. It's one of those fantastic views that easily comes to mind.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

What a fabulous view!!! So cool that you got tickets but how could they not give them to you after that sweet photo of you and your sister as kids. I'm used to seeing snow when I'm one of those things. It's been awhile since I've been skiing and ridden one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...